Shape & Beauty Tips: Say goodbye to orange peel and cellulite
Now that spring is in the air and our thoughts turn to holidays and exposing areas that have been well covered all winter here are a few guidelines to flush out toxins and give the skin especially the thighs a smoother appearance.
- Increase water intake to two litres a day. Water is most important for eliminating waste from the body. Regular sips are more beneficial than large amounts at once.
- Reduce salt to a minimum as it will retain water in the body and that means eliminating foods which are high in salt as well as sugar and hydrogenated fats.
- Coffee and alcohol – reduce coffee intake and substitute with herbal teas e.g. dandelion leaf tea is high in potassium. This ensures that water is being flushed out of the body and not retained. Reduce alcohol intake and have a glass of water for every drink consumed.
- Fruit and vegetables – six portions a day. Increase the intake of fruit and vegetables which contain a high level of anti oxidants as well as vitamins, minerals and fibre. Most of us don’t eat enough fibre.
- Substitute white bread, rice and pasta for the wholegrain option.
- Essential fats – found in oily fish, seeds and nuts are necessary to maintain a supple moist skin.
- Snack on fruit, nuts and seeds instead of sugar and salt laden concenience snacks
- Last but not least – get active – regular exercise and a regular varied diet go hand in hand.