Make Up Tips – latest trends from Shape and Beauty Salon, Blackrock:
Orange is the new red when it comes to lip colour. The youthful orange lips adds’ a playful element to make up. It has an edgy feel to the usual red raspberry shades. Orange is a strong colour so if the colour is not sharp and polished it can look messy. It tends to suit most skin tones especially naturally honey / golden skin but paler complexions can wear it too. Maybe opting for a sheerer version than the full-on opaque colour tapped on with a finger for an understated finish.
A few steps to get this perfect pout
- Make sure the lips are well moisturised.
- Extend foundation over the outer lip to avoid lipstick bleeding. It also produces a matt finish.
- Define the lips with a pencil from the same tonal family.
- Fill in the colour with a flat square brush. Blot and reapply. Layering and blotting is the key to this strong look.
- Give depth to the lips by using a lighter orange colour on the centre of the lips.
- To pull off the strong lip colour keep eyes minimal and tonal to allow full attention on the lips.
- Keep fake tan to a minimum – the whole look could be a bit too orangey.
Wear this bold playful colour with attitude. Please feel free to call Shape and Beauty Salon Blackrock for a Make Up Consultation. Our salon opening hours and price list are available on or website. Or Click here for our pricelist